Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blog Post Number One

I've never really been much of a "blogger", but with all of my time constraints lately, I have been feeling like I needed a good outlet to share events in my life with friends and family.  The theme of my blog, "Pain-Endurance-Character-Hope", is taken from Romans chapter 5; a passage that I have always felt like had a lot of resonance in my own life.  Rejoicing, even in suffering and pain, certainly helps one to endure, which builds character to ultimately solidify hope in Christ.  This though process is something that I aim to apply to all aspects of my life.  If you know me, you know that I have always been quite interested in endurace events (mostly running and triathlons) and although it may seem like a stretch, this passage from Romans 5 is something that I find gives me perserverance in my training and racing.  I also try to apply this way of thinking to my journey through medical school.

So, this blog really could go any direction, but I imagine it largely detailing my interest in triathlons and the joys and stressors of going through my last year of medical school and the elusive residency "match" in the spring of 2012.  Some personal interests in training methodology and nutrition are likely to fill up a lot of my blog posts, so stay tuned for things like winter training programs and the long process of building up to my first iron-distance triathlon this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment