Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pilot Mountain

I took the road bike out with my buddy Vance today and did a loop up to the summit of Pilot Mountain (40.4 mi).  Thanks to the unseasonably warm 75 degree sun and 1,421 feet of climbing in about 2.5 miles, my legs are toast!

I tried out the Espresso flavor Hammer Gel today on the ride.  If you like coffee flavored stuff you will love this!  It's got a little kick of caffeine mixed in with it too, which gives you a nice boost.  To be honest, I don't think I've found a flavor of Hammer Gel I don't like, but this one was especially good.  Also, one thing that I think is really cool about the Hammer Gels is that dissolve readily in a bottle of water.  If you don't like dealing with the sticky mess of a gel pack, but still want the flavor and carbohydrates from the Hammer Gel, try mixing it in your water bottle.  It mixes just as well as all the Hammer powders!

No comments:

Post a Comment